- Made For Canon
- Canon's superb optical stabilization system corrects camera shake instantly so even hand held shots, at full telephoto, and shots taken from a moving car, are smooth and steady.
- f/1.6 - f/3.5: Canon's 20x Professional L-Series Fluorite lens features a fast aperture of f/1.6, variable to f/3.5 at full telephoto. This maximum aperture of f/1.6 aids in capturing quality video in low light conditions.
- Fluorite 'L' Series Lens: Professional L-Series lenses utilize fluorite, a material that provides outstanding resolution, contrast, and color reproduction - especially in lightweight, high-magnification lenses.
- 6 Blade Iris Diaphragm: A six-blade circular iris is used in the XL2 for professional exposure control.
- 2 Independent ND Filters: Two neutral density filters to help control light. The two built-in filters, 1/6 ND and 1/32 ND, can be used independently.
- Zoom Preset Position: This function allows memorization of a zoom point, so that the lens can return to that framing by a push of the button. The speed of the zoom can easily be controlled.
- Focus Preset Position: This function allows memorization of a focus point, so that the lens can return to that focus by a push of the button. A 'pull focus' can easily be accomplished. The speed of the focus can easily be controlled.
- 72mm Filter Thread: With a standard 72mm filter thread, the 20x Professional L-Series Fluorite lens offers the availability of a wide variety of filters from Canon and other suppliers.
Canon's 20x Professional L-Series Fluorite lens for the xL2 is the equivalent, in 35mm format, of a 42.3 - 846mm lens when the camera is recording in 16:9 widescreen format. When the 20x Professional L-Series Fluorite lens for the xL2 is recording video in the TV-standard 4:3 aspect ratio, it is the equivalent, in 35mm format, of a 51.8 - 1036mm lens.
It is backward-compatible with the older xL1 and xL1S models. The chromatic aberration is reduced with the lens incorporating Fluorite elements for superior contrast, resolution as well as color fidelity. Featuring Canon's Super Range Optical Image Stabilization of the VAP (Vari-Angle Prism) type, there are 2 built-in Neutral Density filters, a Auto/Manual focus switch, plus a switch for selecting between a focus range pre-set or a zoom range pre-set.
This switch also serves as a Push-AF button. It includes a 72mm filter thread & 6-blade iris diaphragm. The 20x lens offers a fast f/1.6 to f/3.5 aperture for videographers that shoot under the most demanding lighting conditions. The 20x L IS is an autofocus lens using Free-Spinning Manual Focus & Zoom Rings on an unmarked barrel without stops. Although primarily intended for Handheld use, its extremely long 20x Zoom Range makes it very useful for Tripod-mounted Videography as well.
In the Box
- Lens Hood
- Front and Rear Lens Cap
- Canon 1 Year Warranty
|Focal Length||35mm Still Camera Equivalent:
51.8-1036mm 4:3 Aspect Ratio
42.3-846mm 16:9 Aspect Ratio
|Aperture||f/1.6 variable to F/3.5 @ full telephoto(Max)|
|Iris Type||6 blade Circular|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||3.6 x 3.6 x 5.3"
9.2 x 9.2 x 13.4 cm
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||9.2 x 6.1 x 6.5"|
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this product.